Friday, March 2, 2012

And so it continues....

So a new subject has been signed up for and paid for (expensive I might add, slightly more so than the others). This one is an educational research on and I think with the open ended nature of the assignment I may struggle. I work well with guidelines and expectations but this course is requiring me to devise my own area of interest that I would like to study and to be honest I don't really know what I am interested in as there is a lot to consider.
  1. What interests me?
  2. Is it relevant to the TL? (because I feel it should have some relevance to the masters)
  3. Is there sufficient info in which to read and learn more about my area of interest?
  4. Can I write enough on the area of interest?
  5. What is my prior knowledge on the area of interest (the more I have the easier it may be)?
So I have been thinking and I am looking into collaboration and the use of technology. It is an area I know about (collaboration) is relevant to the TL role, is interesting, there is a policy on it from the IBO and also having done previous assignments I know that there is info on collaboration and tech (we are in the 21st century after all). Having said that it may change if I find out policy documents can't be used.

I have embarked on some of the initial reading which focusses on how to conduct the research and collate data etc and all I can think is that it would have been very helpful to have these readings when I first began the masters. I found that the readings were relevant for all assignment work as there is always and element of research involved and it is required. So I find I am reading about research and it is finally making sense and they are telling me things that I never really considered and that I wish I had known 18 months ago.

No comments: